Micro silicon powder:
Also called micro silica or silica fume cohesion. Is in the ferroalloy smelting ferrosilicon and industrial silicon (silicon metal), mineral hot furnace produces a large number of volatile strong SiO2 and Si gas, gas emissions and air condensation precipitation by rapid oxidation. It is a byproduct of large industrial smelting, the whole process of environmental protection equipment need to be recycled, because the quality is relatively light, the use of different needs to use encryption equipment for encryption.
Widely used in refractory industry. It plays an important role in the improvement of the refractory material.
(1) there are many traditional refractory pore, micro silica filled in the pore, improve the bulk density and lower porosity, strength significantly increased.
(2) micro silica has a strong activity, the formation of colloidal particles in the water, add appropriate dispersant, can enhance liquidity, thereby improving the casting performance.
(3) in water to form a micro silica based Si-OH, hydrophilic and strong activity, can enhance the cohesion of the refractory materials, at the same time have greatly improved high temperature performance, and prolong the service life of refractory products.
Micro silica powder is widely used in refractory industry.
Practical application in the following aspects:
(1) instead of pure aluminum oxide as refractory material.
(2) as an additive to produce amorphous and amorphous refractory products, so that their strength, high temperature performance greatly improved.
(3) for the whole casting ladle with coagulant.
(4) adhesive, binding agent, coagulant, and additive for other refractory products.